Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Just some things to think about

April 7th

Dearest self,

Though I find you nothing but funny, charming and an all around crowd pleaser, it's possible this sentiment is not shared by all.

I know.
I was shocked too.
Breathe. I said possible.

Things to consider...

You're the loudest person many people know. I point this out because a few of the people who have told you that you are the loudest person they know (gentle reminder here that you asked them this question directly) genuinely love you.

Maybe not every second of everyday.
Maybe not in the confined space of a hotel room.
But in general, these are the people that love you.
So, maybe you are a touch too loud. Dial it down just a smoosh.

Just putting it out there.

And another nugget to consider..respectfully, you are fairly quick to judge. I assume you know this one already, given the name of your blog and all. Still, I would feel remiss had I not mentioned it.

You've said it before - you idle at challenging. So, maybe a touch more patience would do wonders.

Maybe pointing out the cultural failings of your neighbors and colleagues, especially those who might be genuinely fearful of, I don't know, people from New Jersey, speaks as much to who you are as to who they are.

I remind you. You cannot change them. Or their hair. You can only change you.

And Lucio and Jack. I know I know.

Again, just roll around with it. See if you like how it moves.

Finally, I suggest you consider the reckless abandon with which your body releases sounds.

I'm talking about the gas, lovely.
The gas in your ass.
And elsewhere.

We're not 12 anymore, and we're not boys. You need to invest in both some Bean-o and scented candles. Maybe cut out the soda. I'm not saying this is what will cause friendships to collapse, but really, it's not helping.

See, how hard was that?
You still have way healthy hair without spending a fortune (XOXO Suave), a biting sense of humor that the really smart people in your life both appreciate and welcome and, let's be honest, the best friends on Earth.

And you have cutest new pair if Wedges coming from Zappos.com

Extra Exta love,
Me

4 comments:

  1. I love your in all your jerseylicious(that really should be an SAT word!) flatulant jocular snarkiness.

    To thine own self be true!

    From one of the really smart people you know who truly does appreciate your sense of humor. Xoxo.

    "Banana!". :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omigod - I love you! You ARE the loudest person I know, but you are also the funniest...and you make me happy. :) I just laughed liquid out of my nose reading this...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are indeed the loudest person I know. I heard you before I saw you when we reconnected at Eastern Market all those years ago. However, I could not imagine you any other way and I love you to pieces just as you are.

    You could also try cutting out some wheat products to help with the gas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cherish my memories of trumpeting in the morning!!!

    ReplyDelete