Sunday, November 29, 2009

I hate Malls

DISCLAIMER - I meant to post this on Sat. Making it the blog post for Sat. November 28th.

Background – A little over a month ago, we learned we had won bleacher seats for the Oscars in March. I will go over this to the point of exhaustion soon enough so I am going to focus on today

Round about the same time we learned we (Me, Becca, Lori and Danielle) will be heading to LA for the Oscars, I also figured out that we (I) had been using our credit cards too often. For things we needed (tires) and for things we didn’t (pretty much everything I buy at Sephora). I was using the credit too much.

I had to wonder (sorry, Carrie Bradshaw blog moment...it's over now)

Hmm, I wonder how much we owe?

So, I did that thing we all fear doing. I got out my calculator. And added it up. Holy Shit.
Really? That cannot be right.
It is right. Those fuckers at Visa can really count. And add.

I spent a nano second wondering about a home equity line, but nixed it quickly. Those things are not “oops piles” – it comes of the principle when you sell the place. I know? Right? That not mentioned in the commercial.

So I decide to see about a small part time job. I think we can pay down some debt on credit cards, pay cash for Christmas presents and I can save for our trip to Cal-ee- forn- I- a
I recall a colleague did something fairly anonymous a few years ago so I ask. She gives me some ideas and two days later I have a call from Metitech. I get hired as a scorer. I am told I will start the middle of November and it will be through early winter. I sign up for 12 hours a week.

And then I wait.
And wait.
Still more waiting.

Have I mentioned I am not so good with waiting?

All the time worrying that they will ask me start the same weekend as work in Peoria. Which was in mid November. Or the same weekend as Festival of Trees More mid-to-late November but okay. Maybe they’d ask me to begin Thanksgiving weekend.

I know, you’re right, that’s not the middle of November.

I received a letter from MetriTech the day after Thanksgiving telling me I would not be needed for this project after all and I could apply again in January. Seems I didn’t get the job after all. The tests they were scoring weren’t as plentiful as once imagined. Or they hired too many people. And to add insult to injury, seems I didn’t do so hot on the training night.

Still need something. Looking online. At the holidays.
I HATE MALLS.

No comments:

Post a Comment