Friday, November 20, 2009

If you can't say anything nice, you best not be talking about anyone I like

We worked the photo table at the JL Daddy Daughter dance tonight. You know what we did? We helped fathers describe their daughters dresses. And never once did we say (to their face) "It's a Mariah Carey Christmas" or "Toddler first faux fur". Because let's be honest, it's east central Illinois and this is no ones first faux fur. We took cash and credit and checks and said things like, "Sir, it's probably better to describe your daughter's dress, rather than your suit. Where is your daughter? I can help."

Oh, right, the daughter. Where is she? GONE. Running around barefoot (no fewer than 4 pairs of shoes were found underneath trees waiting to be reclaimed) Not with her father. Nope. Already pulling shit off trees and trying to get on the stage to play American Idol.

So we wrote things like "purple bow with silver sash" and "red headband". Our favorite was from a Dad.
"Two blondes with a bald man in brown"

Daddies were happy to have the pictues taken. You know what they didn't love? That we didn't put a bar in the dance room. What? Say it ain't so. You mean I have to watch my daughter while I am at this thing? What are all you women doing while I am watching her?

We gave you a bar the last two years and you simply didn't handle it well. Two years ago some of you sent your small princesses to procure beers. Last year, you let them run all over the stage and play dress up with some stuff in the auction (including a playhouse that they had to climb over faux snow to get at). So, no bar in ballroom this night fellas. Sorry - you have only yourselves to blame.

Um sir, do you know it's considered poor parenting when you leave your 5 year old alone in a conference center so you can get a drink. IN ANOTHER ESTABLISHMENT. And stop to watch TV for a bit.

Here's my breakdown on being a part of League - it's the snark. I am guilty of snark talk. I do it all the time. Mostly with Julie, though I may be guilty of a few bitch leaks on occasion with like minded ladies (shout out to..well, you know who you are)

But O M effing G - if I think you're out of line, sister, please, you have passed snark and moved into MEAN.

Mean showed up tonight. With really bad hair. Talking about anyone the second they were out of earshot.

Personally, I think snark girl is just really upset about the haircut and it's making her meaner than normal. Every single woman here is a volunteer. Like not for money. And it's Friday and we all had busy weeks and lives and Thanksgiving is 5 days away and maybe we should all cut each other some slack.

Snark has it's place. And it's at League. Just not when were are all trying so effing hard to get through FOT weekend.

Put on your big girl panties and BE NICE. Don't make me whip up a can of Jersey on you. Because I would love to.

1 comment:

  1. This is hilarious! OK - so I have my own little rant to add to this. Last week, I was watching my little guy because I usually get to the preschool before his teacher arrives so I sit with him and play legos in the room (rather than drop him off in an the other unfamiliar room) and wait. Well, this parent with her son walks into the room. Does not even acknowledge me and pretty much signs the book and leaves her son there with me. She never asked me if I would watch him until the teacher comes - nothing. It was like she assumed because I was sitting on the carpet that I would be make shift parent/child sitter! So the teacher walks in a few minutes later and I asked her what was up with this parent leaving her kid...the teacher was also flabbergasted by this since she ran into the parent on her way into the school and asked her where she dropped off her son - and she politely told her that she could not just drop her son off in an empty room. So what does the parent do? She sends her six year old daughter to look sit with her 3 year old son!!!!
    Some parents are just nuts!!!

    Love Rumana

    ReplyDelete