Sunday, November 29, 2009

seven year itch

Lucio married me on November 29, 2002.

As I type, our five year old is taking a way too late Sunday nap after being up too late last night putting lights on our tree.

As I type, the laundry is done and we'll have one more night of left overs. The house is clean and most of the things I wanted to get done this weekend are complete.

As I type, Lucio is at the library studying for finals, almost done with his first full-time student semester.

As I type, the glow from our lovely Christmas tree is lighting the living room of our smaller but perfectly affordable on one income home.

As I type, I wonder what the holidays will bring. And what 2010 will look like. I wonder if I finally had my ah-ha moment last night.

I wonder a lot.

Except about one thing.

I don't wonder if I made a good decision seven years ago today.

I know it was the best move I could have made.

I could not have imagined we'd be where we are today. But I could never be anywhere worth being if Lucio wasn't standing next to me. Holding my hand.

Happy Anniversary baby. I love you. Extra Extra.

No comments:

Post a Comment